Senior UX UI Designer
Ready to make an impact? If so, ready on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As a Senior UX UI Designer, you will be part of our Digital Experience Team that will help inform business and design decisions across all GEICO’s digital properties. You will lead design efforts that champion interfaces, experiences for multiple projects across desktop and mobile platforms. Innovation and attention to detail are crucial in this role. You will create and modify UI designs for mobile as well as web digital properties. You will collaborate with analyst and development teams across the organization to create seamless user experiences. You will create high-fidelity wireframes and design artifacts using Adobe Photoshop. You will be responsible for diagram site architectures, user interfaces using site maps and wireframes as well as diagram user flows and data flows. You will employ GEICO standards, style guides, and language in UX documents. You will work from given business requirements and creative concepts to create UX documentation. You will have the opportunity to present and pitch designs to all levels of management. You will mentor and train other members of the team.
- BA/BS or higher in graphic design, user interface design, cognitive psychology, or a related discipline is required
- 3+ years’ experience in digital design, preferably in an agency setting
- Website and mobile application design experience is a must
- 3+ years’ experience leading the design work of websites and mobile applications is required
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Master of Adobe software (Photoshop) and other UX prototyping, wireframing, and mapping tools is desired
- Experience designing responsive websites is desired
- Expert-level understanding of HCI principles is a plus
- Expert knowledge in iOS and Android HIGs is desired
Important Position Details
Portfolio must show applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, and content strategy. UX documents must include site maps, flows, and wireframes. Portfolio should also show strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking. Work must show attention to detail in every aspect.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top