Senior UI Developer
Ready to make impact? If so, please read on!
The Digital Experience team is looking for a highly motivated and creative team player to join us as a Senior UI Developer. As part of our team, you will work alongside your UI developer peers, UI designers, and UX researchers to help design and develop outstanding user experiences across all of GEICO's digital platforms. You will build reusable web application components to be consumed by various application teams as part of our corporate design kit. These solutions should be cross-browser and cross-platform compatible while meeting web accessibility standards. You should be aware of the latest web development trends and technologies and be an advocate for integrating these new features into our application where it makes sense. You must be comfortable working with analysts, developers, and architects across multiple teams collaboratively to come up with creative solutions to complex problems.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Strong communication skills, oral and written
• 5+ years working with CSS preprocessing (such as LESS and SASS)
• 2+ years working with animation framework (Velocity strongly preferred)
• Knowledge of Web Accessibility standards and the ability to develop code solutions to meet them
• Experience working in Azure Cloud Environment (PaaS & IaaS)
• Experience with building and automation tools/web performance
• Experience with conversational framework development
• Experience with package managers (NPM or Yarn)
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop & Illustrator) a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top