Senior Systems Engineer
Our CSS Actuary Systems team is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Oracle Database Developer/ App DBA/Data Architect to participate in various Actuary Systems projects. The candidate must be able to write highly efficient stored procedures/SQL, performance tune applications, and develop ETL specifications. They will also be responsible for profiling and data quality analysis and create, manage, and promote database structures in lower environments. The candidate must excel working independently, while also thriving in a team-based environment. Strong verbal and written communication is extremely important in this position, as there will be training with our application developers.
Required Technical Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience developing in Oracle stored procedures, PL/SQL, SQL
- Experienced Data Architect, producing required project artifacts and specifications; familiar with both OLTP and OLAP database design
- Experience with Linux/UNIX scripting
- Experience with Oracle SQL Developer
- Experience with ERw in Data Modeler
- Highly customer service oriented
- Claims data knowledge is a plus
- Data Warehousing concepts and skills
- Experience with ETL or BI tools a plus
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to learn and teach emerging technologies
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top