Senior Systems Engineer
Looking for a great career?
The Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) Platform and Infrastructure Team is seeking a highly motivated and driven Big Data DevOps Engineer to join our group. This team focuses on providing highly available infrastructure for big data applications across multiple datacenters.
We are looking for a highly motivated, high energy, self-starter, problem solver, with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, solid interpersonal and communication skills. Must have intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- 5+ years of IT experience including a minimum of 3 years supporting multi-tier applications on Linux systems
- 4+ years of experience in scripting and automation using languages such as Ruby, Python and Shell
- 2+ years of experience with TFS/Perforce and Bit Bucket
- Experience in Jenkins and Docker
- Proven track record of automating routine and complex tasks which resulted in significant operational efficiencies
- Prior experience in Puppet or Chef
- Experience with VSTS
- Exposure to public cloud and cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Azure, or any other Infrastructure as a Service provider
- Broad knowledge of infrastructure including compute, network and storage is required
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, TCP, IP is required
- Prior experience supporting production applications
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting Java application, experience with Apache Tomcat oe webservers and others
- Prior experience in System Administration (includes performing upgrades and patching)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts is required
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
- Expertise in Linux/Unix administration
- Big Data Experience. Hadoop, Hive, Linux
- Red Hat or SuSe Administration
- Middleware technologies is a plus? #LI-SB1
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top