Senior Systems Analyst
- Chevy Chase, MD
The DS&T (Data Science and Transformation) team is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented, and process-driven Senior Systems Analyst with great customer service skills to help us enter the exciting world of the Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) with our reporting effort and support our agent KPI reporting.
The selected candidate will be part of a group that delivers data, creates new automated reports and explores new data visualization techniques for reporting with Qlik on the Big Data platform. The candidate will be a part of a team that is responsible for maintaining legacy data delivery and reporting using SQL Server on premises as well as working to migrate the legacy reports to the Big Data platform.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and thoroughly document business and system requirements, processes, workflows and test plans
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences is desired
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Demonstrated experience with SQL query language
- Familiarity with Qlik Sense or Microsoft SSRS reporting (SQL Server)
- Familiarity with relational database concepts and ETL concepts
- Project management experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top