Senior Software Tester
The GEICO IT Testing Team is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join as a Senior Software Tester with responsibility for the development of manual and automated testing solutions for our Mobile Applications. The candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining test strategies, plans and cases to include: developing, maintaining automated test scripts/cases, test case execution for manual and automated test cases, and triaging/opening test defects. The candidate must have a proven ability of successfully performing testing responsibilities within large projects, understand automated testing frameworks, be able to create automated test scripts, as well as a commitment to learn and apply new business process and technologies quickly. The candidate must also be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently in driving results across multiple projects at different phases of development/testing.
- Minimum 5 years manual and automated testing experience with large/complex projects
- Excellent project management, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to create test artifacts (strategies, test plans and test cases)
- Experience with creating and executing manual test cases and automated test scripts using HP ALM/UFT, Selenium, C#, and/or MS Visual Studio
- Experience with Mobile Applications Testing
- Proven analytical skills in solving problems
- Self-motivated and can work independently while also working as an integral part of a team
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- The ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of project management and be able to build and manage project plans
- Experience with Mobile testing tools is a plus
- Familiar with Agile Development Best Practices is a plus
- Experience MS SQL Server, C#, and Selenium is a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top