Senior Software Engineer
- Chevy Chase, MD
IT Planning Systems Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with diverse skills to provide development, enhancement, and maintenance support from requirements to implementation. The candidate will be providing post-implementation end-user support for IT Planning Systems used by Corporate Planning. The candidate also will be providing support for the migration of on-prem solutions to the Cloud and SaaS products.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or equivalent experience)
• Minimum 3 years of programming experience with Microsoft Visual Studio C#.NET preferably ASP.NET MVC framework experience and standard web service protocols
• Minimum 3 years of experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC), including requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation
• Minimum 3 years of experience creating and maintaining Microsoft SQL queries, stored procedures, and utilizing Business Intelligence Tools
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues / processes to non-technical audiences and maintenance of system documentation to enhance system maintainability
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with configuring and integrating Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) solutions for Planning and Budgeting such as Workday Adaptive Insights, Hyperion Planning, Host Analytics, Anaplan, etc.
• 3+ years of providing development and maintenance support of financial applications
• 3+ years' experience utilizing MS Excel Data and Statistical Analysis, Pivot Tables, and Power Query.
• 1+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) to develop and maintain SSRS web reports and SSIS integration packages to extract data from multiple sources
• 1+ years' experience with financial forecasting by building financial or statistical models using FP&A tools such as Pandas and NumPy Python libraries
• 1+ years' experience operating within an Agile Scrum environment #LI-ME1
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top