Senior Software Developer
Are you ready to make an impact on millions of customers, nationwide? If so, apply now!!!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) team to develop web services for a variety of projects. You will be working on implementations of the Probabilistic Matching project and the Single View of the Customer project. The Java Developer will require collaboration with the other departments within GEICO to configure and implement the projects, including coordination with various other IT associates.
Interested in joining our innovative team? If so, read on!
Required Qualifications of the Senior Software Developer:
- At least 7 years of experience with Java development and web services with strong Core Java programming skills
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with WebSphere and OSGi framework
Desired Qualifications of the Senior Software Developer:
- Experience with Rabbit MQ, Mule ESB
- Continuous Integration (CI) using Maven & Jenkins
- Test automation framework using TestNG and Selenium
- Tuning and monitoring using Dynatrace, Wiley, Splunk
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top