Senior Security Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As Senior Security Engineer, you will join GEICO’s Enterprise Security Response Team. You will play an important role in the protection of GEICO from threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of GEICO’s information and information systems. You will identify, respond, and mitigate sophisticated threats to GEICO computer networks, IT infrastructure and information systems. You will conduct incident response activities, including advanced investigation (forensic, malware analyses, root cause analysis etc.) to investigate potential intrusions, security incidents and perform remediation. You will perform the activities necessary for the immediate, short-term rapid resolution of incidents to minimize risk exposure and production down-time. You collect and analyze host-based and network-based data using computer network defense, forensic and enterprise security tools. You will be responsible for the creation or modification of scripts that will be used for connecting to various restful APIs. You will review threat intelligence feeds for new threats as well as work with law enforcement entities when required. You will analyze and understand incident response processes and provide feedback to increase efficiency. You will work with members of the team to maintain the incident response playbook. You will maintain a professional communicative relationship with internal departments and management to provide information throughout the incident, problem resolution, and change management cycles. You will Review/Comprehend logs and apply use case scenarios into the analysis environment for building better threat detection capabilities. You will provide 24 × 7 on call support for GEICO’s security incident response as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Security Incident Response and Computer Forensics
- Subject matter expertise in security event identification, known threat validation and analysis, and network vulnerability analysis and reporting
- At least one of the following security incident response or forensic security certifications required: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA), GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM)
- Ability to understand complex problems while formally presenting them simplistically
- Ability to lead meetings, divide responsibilities, and influence people to take action to assist in the resolution of security incidents
- Experience and knowledge with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and able to perform log analysis, anomaly detections, use case content creation, alert development
- Experience and knowledge with Zero Day Malware Detection Technologies
- Experience and knowledge with Digital Forensic and Incident Response tools
- Experience and knowledge with web content filtering, vulnerability scanning, and endpoint protection tools (antivirus, disk encryption, host intrusion prevention etc.)
- Experience and knowledge with scripting or automation tools
- Understanding of Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Protection Systems (IPS), Proxies (Web and Email), Data Loss Prevention tools
- Understanding of network analysis tools such as protocol analyzers, LAN/WAN sniffers, packet capture analysis tools
- BS/MS Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline strongly desired
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top