Senior Programmer Analyst I - Macon, GA
The IT Billing team in Macon Georgia is seeking a creative and self-motivated senior-level Developer to join the team responsible for the delivery of the new GEICO Billing System. Candidate will be presented with an opportunity to work in a collegial but self-managed and creative environment and contribute to all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
The ideal candidate is motivated to succeed, takes ownership in their work, and is willing to help drive the team to success. This individual will be responsible for working closely with analysts and dynamic project teams to design and develop the next-generation, complex corporate Billing System and integration with multidisciplinary system components. They will be responsible for technical analysis and design, coding, unit testing, and maintaining production applications utilizing the Accenture Duck Creek platform.
- 2+ years experience building .Net (4.0 preferred) web based applications with C#, web services, WCF, Web APIs, SQL Server.
- Demonstrated ability using TFS and building and deploying web based applications
- Experience working with Visual Studio , C# , Web API,ASP.net , MVC , WCF , LINQ , Entity Framework & SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of object oriented development, use of design patterns, DI & IoC (Preferred).
- Demonstrating deep technical abilities across Microsoft technologies primarily .net & Azure development.
- Demonstrating deep technical abilities on TDD(Test Driven Development).
- Strong Knowledge on Test Mediators, Test Doubles including Microsoft fakes, MoQ testing frameworks.
- Strong Analytical Skills, Working Closely with business units to provide feedback & influence the future of product roadmap.
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team, take initiative and contribute in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to mentor junior developers and conduct code reviews
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation
- A proven track record of driving results and the use of metrics to provide solutions
Additional qualifications include:
Candidates should also be capable of communicating through verbal and written channels, producing well documented code, and contributing as a team member while having fun. A good understanding of web development technologies and Agile Scrum methodologies is preferred. Cloud/Azure experience is a plus.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top