Senior Network Systems Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
The GEICO Enterprise Network Services team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Systems Engineer to join our team! Do you have fun working in a fast paced, highly rewarding environment delivering technology solutions to solve business challenges? Do you have the track record of learning, delivering, and building cross-functional relationships with a positive can-do attitude? Then the GEICO Enterprise Network Services team might be the perfect fit for you! You must have the ability to plan, prioritize, execute, and manage large projects to deliver enterprise network services. This role demands excellent project management skills, great interpersonal skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
J ob Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support, operate, and maintain large scale, critical Network environment, platforms and services
• Triage, analyze, and perform root cause analysis for network-related issues
• Provide 7x24 after hours on-call support and support for off-hour implementations
• Design, test, and implement new or re-engineered Enterprise network services and platforms solutions
• Publish Network related documentation sets for runbooks, as-built, and design reference
• Create new and re-engineer existing processes, work-flows, scripts, and automation to improve quality and efficiency
• Leverage enterprise network management platforms and practices to efficiently and effectively run large-scale deployments
• Understand and promote network standards, reference architectures, and frameworks; develop and maintain strategic roadmaps for network platforms and services
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational, and project management skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, motivation, and continuous improvement
• Passionate about technology, systems engineering, and delivering high quality solutions while having fun!
• Understanding of secure network designs and security compliance requirements
• Experience with Cisco Data Center and Client Access Switching Platforms
• Experience with WAN technologies and Cisco Router Platforms
• Understanding of QOS deployments: classification, queuing, policing, and diagnostics
• Experience with Cisco security and wireless platforms (ASA/FTD Firewalls, Identity Services Engine)
• Ability to perform advanced packet/protocol analysis throughout the seven-layer OSI reference model
• Knowledge of common application architectures and communications protocols
• Understanding of scripting languages necessary for automation such as bash, Perl, expect, python, PowerShell
• Experience with network performance, capacity, configuration, and fault management
• Experience in public Cloud infrastructure with preference to Microsoft Azure
• Experience: 3-5 years related experience in a large-scale network environment
• Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional or willingness to pursue within 12 months
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top