Come reimagine insurance with us!
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for a Senior .NET Software Developer to start a GEICO career in Chevy Chase, MD. Our applications are undergoing rapid modernization efforts to develop new technologies, moving to new Cloud infrastructure, and rolling out DevOps processes. You'll apply your .NET software development skills on a team with top honors in web and mobile development and innovate for over 15 million policyholders.
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as a Senior .NET Software Developer can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
• With most of our programs and software being connected to the .NET platform, you have a tremendous opportunity to make an impact at GEICO
• You'll be exposed to senior management while working on high profile, challenging projects
"There are so many avenues of professional development at GEICO, including user groups, mentorship, technology classes, and development programs!" Jasmine J., GEICO Associate since 2015
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. Teaming up with programmers, developers, scrum masters, leads, managers and directors, you will:
- Deliver first-class software that solves real business problems
- Perform advanced-level application analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation activities
- Provide input and feedback to others on topics of architecture design, code quality, and business solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a technical field
- Four plus years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
- Four plus years of experience with application design, implementation, maintenance, diagnosing/correcting issues, managing security vulnerabilities, and maintaining compliance with industry security standards under minimal direction.
- Four plus years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
- Splunk, App Insights and/or Dynatrace knowledge is a plus
- Pro-actively research possible issues affecting application/service availability and provide production support as needed.
- Research and evaluate new software, frameworks, and techniques to provide recommendations to the division
- Mentor less experienced .NET developers while providing training and performing code reviews.
- Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.