Senior .NET Developer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO has an exciting opportunity in the heart of GEICO’s IT systems for a Senior .Net Developer who seeks to produce software of significant value. We’re looking for a developer who wants to join a team that delivers high quality
and high performing system changes that result in improved company bottom line results for the leading digital insurance company. Our applications include rating, underwriting, electronic and print communication, inter-departmental and outside vendor integrations, and more. Our applications are undergoing rapid modernization efforts to new technologies, moving to new Cloud infrastructure, and rolling out DevOps processes. There is no better opportunity to drive impactful changes in a company culture that rewards hard work and results. GEICO offers excellent benefits, career advancement in a promote-from-within culture, continual IT training, professional development opportunities, and more. You will be responsible for performing advanced-level application analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation activities for production critical .Net applications. You will be working in dynamic project teams with project managers, analysts and other developers to deliver first-class software that solves real business problems. You will be providing input and feedback to others on topics of architecture design, code quality, and business solutions. Also, you will be supporting other .Net developers with advice and coaching.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications while having fun
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
- Working understanding of Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, SOA, IOC, Dependency Injection, Mocking
- 3+ years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
- 3+ years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
LinkedIn tag: #LI-POST
DICE tag (IT only): DBT
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top