Senior .NET Developer
Senior .NET Software Developer
Salary: $90,000 - $130,000 / year
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for a Senior .NET Software Developer to start a GEICO career in Chevy Chase, MD. Our applications are undergoing rapid modernization efforts to develop new technologies, moving to new Cloud infrastructure, and rolling out DevOps processes. You'll apply your .NET software development skills on a team with top honors in web and mobile development and innovate for over 15 million policyholders.
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as a Senior .NET Software Developer can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
- With most of our programs and software being connected to the .NET platform, you have a tremendous opportunity to make an impact at GEICO
- You'll be exposed to senior management while working on high profile, challenging projects
"There are so many avenues of professional development at GEICO, including user groups, mentorship, technology classes, and development programs!" Jasmine J., GEICO Associate since 2015
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. Teaming up with programmers, developers, scrum masters, leads, managers and directors, you will:
- Deliver first-class software that solves real business problems
- Perform advanced-level application analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation activities
- Provide input and feedback to others on topics of architecture design, code quality, and business solutions
We are looking for people with results they are proud of, such as:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, SOA, IOC, Dependency Injection, and Mocking
- Four plus years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
- Four plus years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
- Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
As a full-time GEICO associate, you'll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it's more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change.
About our location:
This position is based in Chevy Chase, MD. Get to know a little more about our location here and find out what makes working here pleasantly unexpected for our associates.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Back to top