Senior Java Web Service Developer
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
Are you ready to collaborate and innovate in an Agile environment with a motivated team on projects enabled by a robust cloud-based enterprise data platform? As a Senior Java Web Service Developer on the GEICO Big Data squad, you'll thrive in a fast-paced innovative culture that turns data into information and uses that information to drive action. One focus is our Single View of the Customer (SVOC). You'll create web services using cutting edge technology (Docker, Spring, GraphQL, etc) to integrate with other applications and allow GEICO to use data to provide tailored interactions for our customers.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• At least 4 years of programing experience in Java, Spring, and web services
• Experience in building Service Oriented Architecture applications
• Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
• Experience with GraphQL and Docker
• Continuous Integration (CI) using Gradle, Artifactory, Jenkins and Container based deployments
• Tuning and monitoring using Dynatrace or Splunk
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Software Analyst—Indianapolis
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top