Senior Java IVR Developer
GEICO's Enterprise Contact Center organization is seeking a highly motivated, process-oriented IT developer for our IVR and Infrastructure/ Architecture Engineering team. The team's responsibilities include engineering, operation and availability for Voice systems; including IVR development and modernization, Verint (eQuality) Speech Analytics infrastructure support, single sign-on for multiple apps under ECC, cloud migration for on-premises apps (ASPECT) , architecture design and coding functions.
As a senior developer, you will work with your team to take ownership of code from third party vendor (Nuance) and design application for IVR functionality and reporting using JAVA and .NET. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and can work both independently and as a team member. This position demands the ability to develop business requirements into high-quality production-ready deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent professional experience.
- 5 years of experience with JAVA development and web services
- 4+ years of experience in the complete software development life cycle.
- 4+ years of experience in user interface, web service, and/or database development.
- 4+ years of experience with Microsoft .NET tools and technologies, especially: ASP.NET (MVC & Web API), WCF Web Services
- 3+ years applications development experience in object oriented environments
- SQL Server (T-SQL, stored procedures)
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience developing Web Services using WCF/WebApi
- Demonstrated ability building and deploying web based applications
- 24x7x365 on-call production support is a requirement of this position.
- Modern web technologies (Angular, jQuery)
- OpenText Exstream
- 2+ Years Designing and Developing Business Applications
- 1+ Year(s) MuleESB / API Gateway Development
- 1+ Year(s) Java, Maven, and Spring Development
- Experience with JSON, XML, WSDL, RAML and Java
- A Solid Understanding of OO, SOA and Messaging Design Patterns
- Experience Working in TFS/VSTS or a Similar Code Repository
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Familiarity with the IVR and telecom technologies
- Experience Working in Azure Cloud Environment (PaaS & IaaS)
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Software Analyst—Indianapolis
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top