Senior Java Developer
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO's Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) team is seeking a Senior Java Developer For Data Science Deployment and Support. As part of our team, you will be responsible for implementing in production Predictive Model Services. The role requires proficiency in software design and Java development as well as experience with Machine Learning techniques. You will also participate in planning of new projects, including work on both machine learning deliverables and the deployment frameworks that host them. In this role, the ability to build and maintain mission critical production software systems is a must. The ideal candidate is also prepared to provide leadership and synthesize project ideas in areas such as Model Deployment Frameworks, Automated Machine Learning, Data Visualization and ML interpretability, Data Engineering, and Parallel Computing for Machine Learning.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Proficiency in Java and object oriented software design with at least 4 years of production experience
• Knowledge of software design patterns
• Experience with Spring Framework and Restful web services
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
• Familiarity with open source tools
• Familiarity with source control tools and concepts, e.g., Git.
• Experience with Machine Learning Algorithms, algorithm analysis and algorithm implementation
• Experience with distributed file systems and distributed computing (especially Apache Spark)
• Experience with Object oriented development in Scala or Python
• Experience with HBase, Hive, and HDFS
• Graph algorithms expertise
• Experience with graph databases such as DataStax, or Neo4J
• Software R&D experience evidenced by publications, conference presentations, or GitHub contributions
• Experience with Microservice architectures, Docker container-based deployments
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top