Senior Java Developer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The IBU Claims team is seeking a highly motivated Senior Java Developer to join our application team. The team focus is on implementing new applications and integration processes as well as providing technical support for the Claims systems. Technical support consists of monitoring production systems, triaging reported issues and working with multiple teams on developing and documenting comprehensive systems solutions.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with J2EE, Java Servlets, JMS, EJB, Junit, Design Patterns, JSON/REST, XML/SOAP services
- A minimum of 5 years experience with expertise in Java Application Servers, JBOSS Application server, Apache, and Source Control Systems (Perforce)
- Experience working with agile/scrum procedures, processes, and practices
- Working knowledge of Guidewire (desirable)
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top