Senior J2EE Developer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
As a Senior Application Developer, you will be part of our IBU Mobile team to support and develop Mobile J2EE solutions. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Java, Oracle, Web Services (REST, SOAP etc). As a Senior Application Developer, you will be primarily responsible for TIER (typical JAVA environment acting as a bridge between Mobile devices and other legacy systems).
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
Required Qualifications for the Application Developer:
- 7 years of experience in the complete software development life cycle including software designs using Java and J2EE
- 5 or more years of experience in customer facing applications
- 10 years of Object Oriented experience
- Experience working with JDBC/ODBC or database native drivers
- Deep understanding of XML and JSON
Desired Qualifications for the Application Developer:
- Experience working with both Windows and Linux
- Android native application knowledge
- Business knowledge of Sales\Service\Claims\MSI
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top