Senior IT Auditor
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO's Internal Audit department is looking for a Senior Auditor to join our team!
Learn the business from the inside and gain broad exposure to a variety of IT systems and professionals working in software development, information and network security, change management, access control, IT infrastructure, server virtualization, cloud computing and other key areas of this growing company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Senior IT Auditor, you are not handed a pre-determined work plan. Rather, using a risk-based approach, you plan and execute projects and audit engagements that allow you to interact with a number of professionals throughout the company as you learn the inner workings of GEICO IT operations. This allows you the opportunity to take ownership of your work products.
• You have the opportunity to help facilitate positive change by examining business processes and recommending areas for improvement of corporate management.
• You will participate in designing and testing procedures to evaluate IT controls as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX)
• And your experience will not be limited to auditing IT systems. Our cross-functional approach enables collaboration between IT, Financial, and Operational audit teams.
Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Bachelor's degree required; accounting, information systems or computer science preferred
• CISA or CIA certification preferred
• 2 - 5 years of experience leading technical IT reviews
• Strong technical, leadership, analytical/critical thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions
• Familiarity with controls for networks, operating systems, distributed and mainframe environments is also required to be successful in the position
• Desire and ability to advance to the next level
Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is located in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
Salary commensurate with experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top