Senior IT Architect
Are you ready to make an impact? If so read on....
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in recommending application architectural solutions as well as obtaining buy-in and instituting processes resulting in successful application implementations.
The candidate will coordinate amongst various departments for specific application and infrastructure and architecture tasks. Support GEICO/Claims DevOps projects to improve architecture capabilities.
- 3+ Years Filling the Role of an Application Architect
- Deep understanding and ability to use SQL, XML, and UNIX
- Experience developing Web Services is required
- Expert Understanding of Software Design Patterns, Architectural Patterns, and Industry Best Practices
- Experience Working in Cloud Environments such as Azure
- Agile software methodology experience a plus
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree
- Experience using APM tools like Dynatrace, Splunk etc.
- Experience with Guidewire technologies is a plus
- Exposure to .NET technologies is a plus
The position will be utilized to fulfill long term Claims Architecture and Infrastructure strategy enabling Claims to manage production risks and build better software.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top