Senior Infrastructure Architect
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO'S IBU Claims is looking for a highly motivated Senior Infrastructure Architect to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing infrastructure projects in support of claims systems, as well as coordinating amongst various departments for specific infrastructure tasks. The candidate will work with development teams and peers to provide guidance on application design solutions as well as enforce the use of best practices and standards. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in recommending architectural solutions as well as obtaining buy-in and instituting processes resulting in successful application implementations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage and monitor Claims Applications and Claims IT Infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and identify solutions for Performance/Connectivity issues, Application functionality disruptions, Network Load Balancing, on Java Server, .Net and COTS Applications, being able to work together with developers and business stakeholders alike.
• Maintain and promote Security, Availability, and Redundancy strategies
• Mentor and Guide Infrastructure teams on automation to increase process and system efficiency with the objective of reducing human intervention on any repetitive tasks
• Provide level 2 support when required by the business
• As part of a weekly on-call rotation system (including Offshore support), provide 24 x 7 on call support for GEICO's infrastructure systems as needed
• Work on projects that promote continuous Infrastructure, Platform, and Availability improvements
• Provide structured and consistent documents for internal processes with high quality and good technical writing skills.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree
• Proven Automation skills (PowerShell v3 or later, Python)
• Independence to manage day to day activities with minimal supervision and be capable to escalate and drive issues to resolution when required
• Good understanding and use of IT Cloud concepts
• Experience using APM tools like Dynatrace, Splunk etc
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to tailor communication to audience.
• 7+ Years Designing and Developing Application Infrastructure
• 3+ Years Filling the Role of an Infrastructure Architect
• Solid understanding of Infrastructure and Application Architecture Topologies, Automation, Security
• Be self-organized, consistent, and structured on Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top