Senior Implementation Systems Analyst
At GEICO, we're about more than just insurance. Technology is at the core of everything we do, which means you'll get to work on innovative and influential tech projects in a successful company. Our associates are top-notch tech pros who are changing people's lives - just ask Forrester and Dynatrace-Keynote who've awarded our teams with top honors.
Our company culture is simple to sum up, it's all about giving our customers the very best. And, we know that the best way to do that is by giving our associates that crucial edge to succeed. Our team leaders and managers truly believe in the power of mentorship, and we host a number of monthly professional certification classes and user groups to keep your skills sharp.
The Underwriting Systems Analyst Team (PAT) has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced analyst to join our team. Our team is responsible for analyst support of GEICO's extremely critical core rating and underwriting systems. The applications we support are the nervous system of the organization and require high quality implementations to ensure our front end systems deliver first class experiences.
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
- 3+ years' experience as an IT Analyst or Programmer
- 3+ years of experience documenting business and system requirements, processes, workflows and test plans
- 3+ years' experience working with complex IT applications and program implementation
- Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle and agile
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Working effectively with business and IT partners to define project requirements
- Translating business requirements into system requirements
- Updating system documentation, such as Use Cases or Business Detail Design Documents
- Writing and Reviewing Test Plans
- Creating an effective testing strategy which includes supporting automated testing
- Coordinating projects across different teams
- Working closely with other analysts and developers as part of a dynamic agile project team to deliver first-class software
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top