Senior Hadoop Administrator
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
As a Senior Hadoop Administrator, you will be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining multiple Hadoop clusters in the growing Decisions Sciences and Business Transformation team at GEICO. As an experienced senior level Hadoop Administrator, you will be responsible for design and architecture of the Big Data Platform, work with development teams to optimize different Hadoop services and deploy and code in to multiple environment. This is an unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work on the next generation decision support system for GEICO.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- A minimum of 5 years of IT experience including a minimum of 3 years supporting multi-tier applications on Linux systems is required
- A minimum 3 years of experience in Hadoop echo system including MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, HBase, NO-SQL is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Linux/Unix systems and scripting knowledge is required
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting problems and working with other teams to determine the root cause is desired
- Hands on experience with automation tools such as Puppet is a plus
- Job requires to be part of 24x7 on-call rotation and production support is required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top