Senior Guidewire Developer
Are you ready to make an impact on millions of customers, nationwide? If so, apply now!
GEICO is looking for a Senior Guidewire Developer to join the Internet Business Unit (IBU) Claims Production Support to help develop, implement, enhance, and maintain GEICO's claims system. Using GOSU, the Senior Guidewire Developer will support and respond to claims system related issues and requests for functional enhancements from multiple areas and environments.
• 2-3 years of experience with Guidewire 7.0 or higher developing Claim Center and Contact Manager UI, Rules and Integration components
• 2-3 years of experience in large scale Java development
• Working understanding of relational database designs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to support the ability to articulate technical solutions to multiple audiences
• Expert ability to design, write, unit test and document application code to successfully complete project-based efforts
• Experience in working both independently and in a collaborative team environment with minimal supervision
• Strong troubleshooting, debugging and testing skills
• Pursuing or have a Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience
• Demonstrated ability to effectively produce quality results in a fast paced environment
• Knowledge of Claims applications or business processes
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top