Senior Front End Engineer
Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, read on!
The IT Sales Team is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to become a vital member of our Digital Team that is working to design and develop innovative experiences across all our digital applications, to provide best-in-class web and mobile user experiences and drive business results.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering first-class software that solves real business problems and drives business results
- Utilizing UX testing & crowdsourcing, digital experience trends & research, and rapid A/B experimentation, to deliver best-in-class user experiences
- Performing advanced-level application analysis, design, development, unit testing, code review, and implementation activities
- Providing input and feedback to others on topics of architecture design, code quality, and business solutions
Ready to make an impact? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Four plus years of development experience in a large-scale, multi-platform environment
- Experience designing web/mobile applications and responsive web interfaces for optimal usability
- Background with Visual Studio/TFS (or similar platform) administration and code/branch management
- Have an eye for detail and polish in the user interface
- Have a strong ability for writing code to be reusable and designing solutions to be scalable
- Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to resolve urgent issues or high priority activities in addition to the planned project workload
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
- Experience utilizing HTTP/REST services using JSON
- Experience with standard software CM processes and procedures
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Glassdoor - gdoorit
Back to top