Senior DevOps Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
GEICO's Corporate Systems Support department has an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team to ensure the high availability and stability of our critical corporate systems (such as Financials, HR, and Payroll). The successful candidate will be integral in the deployments and maintenance of multiple cloud and on-prem applications. In addition, the team is responsible for infrastructure support, monitoring, as well as security for Workday, Actuary, and custom .NET applications. The ideal candidate is self-motivating and driven to consistently deliver outstanding customer support and will have demonstrated experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as a coordinating efforts across multiple teams within IT and the business organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analyze existing on-prem applications to determine eligibility to move to a cloud solution
• Examine applications and implement proactive monitoring and redundancy at all tiers to help meet availability goals
• Collaborate with application development teams and operations teams to provide successful application delivery
• Contribute to technical process improvements and training across a variety of disciplines such as Agile and modern development practices
• Deploy various .Net applications to include web applications, web services, ETL/SSIS/SSRS packages
• Troubleshoot and resolve deployment/configuration/set up issues and work with appropriate teams to correct any problems
• Provide 24x7 on-call production support on a rotational basis
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• 3 years of experience working with IIS, ASP.net, and components that support .Net applications
• 3 years of experience supporting TFS administration, VSTS, or Visual Studio 2013 (or later)
• 2 years of experience administering Windows Server 2012R2 (and later) to include Windows Roles and Features needed to support web applications
• 2 years applying concepts related to IP address management, firewalls, SSL certificates, load balancing, and security compliance principles
• 2 years demonstrated experience implementing Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, and Windows authentication solutions
• 2 years with DevOps and deploying/supporting applications for both on-prem and cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Soft Layer, etc.)
• 2 years supporting systems from an infrastructure, code, database, and security concept perspective
• 2 years demonstrated experience applying SaaS/PaaS/IaaS principles using cloud platforms (logical compute, storage and network) to provide solutions to the business
• Experience creating PowerShell scripts is highly preferred
• Understanding of Linux commands for administration and editing is highly preferred
• Knowledge of build automation and release management
• Familiarity with SQL and Oracle to include script development and execution
• Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence administration and Agile principles (Scrum/Kanban) is preferred
• Understanding of financial, business, and technical constraints with ability to apply them to effective design solutions
• Understanding of system monitoring principles (synthetic monitoring, APM)
• Understanding of infrastructure design and architecture for the cloud and on premise
• Experience using Workday
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top