Senior DevOps Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, ready on!
As a DevOps Engineer for our Big Data team, you will be responsible for deploying and maintaining applications and help advance the development and production infrastructure to the next level. The experienced and high level driven DevOps Engineer will be responsible for automating the configuration and deployment of Hadoop platform and deploying applications in the echo system. This position is a 24×7 production support. This is a unique opportunity for highly motivated individual to work on the next generation decision support system for GEICO.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 3 Years Prior experience with DevOps and automation of deploying application in the cloud is required
- 5 years of hands on Linux/Unix scripting and administration or experience with managing middleware application technologies is required
- 2 years of experience in any one of these technologies : Puppet, Chef, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting
- Use of Cloud APIs to automate provisioning and deployments is a plus
- Prior experience with tools such as Maven, Jenkins and Perforce and setting up CI/CD pipeline is required
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, TCP, IP is required
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools is a plus
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting Java application problems and experience with BigData, Apache, Tomcat and other middleware technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of LAN WAN Network, VPN and IPSEC is a plus
- Exposure to public cloud and cloud technologies such as Amazon AWS, Azure, or any other Infrastructure as a Service providers is a plus
LinkedIn tag: #LI-POST
DICE tag (IT only): DBT
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF or apply with your LinkedIn profile. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later.
wp123 ind123 dbt gdoorit, #LI-POST
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top