Senior Database Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO is seeking a Senior SQL Server Engineer to join our Open Systems DBA team. As a Senior SQL Server Engineer, you will focus on the support and Infrastructure for high-volume, multi-terabyte SQL Server databases. The Senior SQL Server Engineer will need to have a good working knowledge of SQL Server Databases, supporting infrastructure and be looking for a challenge in a large enterprise environment. The Engineer must be able to lead applications and projects independently with advanced communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience with large databases in a high transaction, 24×7 Microsoft SQL Server database environments.
- Experience in database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high availability strategies for SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, and SQL Server 2016.
- Excellent skills in performance monitoring using System Center Operations Manager 2012 and Idera Diagnostic Manager.
- Experience developing backup and recovery strategies and anticipating hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for various production teams.
- Experience with DacPac and IsPac concepts and deployment automation of database objects is highly desired.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top