Senior Data Modeler
The GEICO Internet Claims Department is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Data Modeler to join our team in supporting the ATLAS Claims application. The selected candidate will be part of the team that focuses on designing, developing, and implementing Data Model structures into the ATLAS Claims application. The candidate will also provide application support consisting of creating and executing complex ORACLE PL/SQL scripts, data migrations, data updates and data imports. Responsibilities will also include support for generating both ad-hoc and automated reports, in addition to supporting and maintaining Mainframe batch jobs that provide data feeds to downstream systems. Strong organization and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to support and respond to Claim system related data questions from multiple business units is required. The position requires the ability to work independently, but also be a team player. Must be able to take full ownership of tasks and coordinate/communicate projects across multiple teams. The candidate should possess a demonstrated ability to perform to defined timelines and drive deliverables to completion.
Would you like to be a part of this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 2+ years of experience creating and modifying data models on a large scale system
- 2+ years of experience writing PL/SQL queries against a relational database
- 2+ years of experience writing Linux shell scripts
- 2+ years of experience using Perforce to manage code development environments
- Ability to discuss database management techniques using ORACLE
- Ability to analyze requirements and create PL/SQL scripts for production data fixes, ad hoc data requests, and data extracts
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to provide on-call support for a 24x7 application on a rotational basis
- Excellent organizational skills
- A strong commitment to process improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, business users, developers, and team members
- Working knowledge and familiarity with Guidewire development tools
- Working knowledge of IBM /JCL
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top