GEICO is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Research, Analysis and Development (RAD) department as a Senior Business Systems Analyst.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of our team, you will have opportunities to manage your projects from the planning and design phase through development and maintenance. This position includes conducting systems analysis, writing business requirements, leading testing campaigns, and support enhancements to existing applications. The position will also involve working closely with data scientists, analysts, and modelers to design, manage and champion the department's data strategy and product development practices. Additionally, it involves evaluating our business processes and driving efficiency and process improvements through the application of systems tools and/or automation. This is a great opportunity to work closely with various departments, manage projects, and to learn the skills required by the business and technology world!
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience is required.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience leading large-scale, complex systems projects through all phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience developing test plans and executing test scenarios to ensure the highest quality deliverables.
- Experience eliciting and documenting functional system requirements from project stakeholders.
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, a strong analytical ability and a willingness to respond to ad hoc requests from customers in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, perform under pressure and multi-task.
- Knowledge of Data Management concepts, including data modeling, architecture and data governance is preferred.
- Knowledge of the auto insurance industry and practices is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL is desirable.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and familiarity with Agile project management practices is a plus.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team .
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.