Senior Automation Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The Multiline Engineers team is looking for a motivated Senior Automation Engineer with experience in Microsoft on-prem technologies focusing mainly on build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our platforms and IT infrastructure. You will become part of a diligent team of engineers that deliver mission critical infrastructure to host applications, provide support with well-known and out of the box solutions, and guarantee the highest level of availability and performance for GEICO Multiline, DirectNet, MSI, and IBU applications. This position requires high technical skills on scripting and programming solutions implemented via PowerShell, VBS, and Windows batch files.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree
- 5+ years of experience in MS Windows environments as primary responsibility
- Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server platforms (Windows, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, BizTalk, and ASP*)
- Experience installing and configuring ASP.NET applications
- Experience with Virtualization and containerization (VMware vSphere and System Center Virtual Machine Manager)
- 2 years’ experience working with PowerShell v3 or later, Visual Basic Scripting, and windows batch
- Proven Networking knowledge (TCP/IP and OSI stacks) and familiarity with connectivity concepts implements on Windows Servers, Load balancers, Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and subnetting
- Manage and monitor Microsoft .Net applications developed in-house.
- Troubleshoot and identify solutions for Performance/Connectivity issues, Application functionality disruptions, Network Load Balancing, on .Net, ASP, and CGI applications, being able to work together with developers and business stakeholders alike
- Maintain and promote Security, Availability, and Redundancy strategies
- Develop custom scripts to increase process and system efficiency with the objective of reducing human intervention on any repetitive tasks
- Provide 24 × 7 on call support for GEICO’s security infrastructure systems as needed
- ASP.NET application development (.Net Framework v2 or later)
- Windows Command Line utility tools knowledge (native Windows OS commands, Robocopy, SysInternals suite, etc)
- Possess Microsoft Certifications (MCSA and MCSE)
- Use of log analysis tools for post mortem (e.g. LogParser)
LinkedIn tag: #LI-POST
DICE tag (IT only): DBT
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top