- Chevy Chase, MD
Would you like to be part of our innovative team? If so, read on!
GEICO's Internal Audit department is looking for a Senior Auditor to join our team!
Learn the business from the inside and gain broad exposure to a variety of areas including but not limited to financial statement audit/preparation, claims, premiums, A/P plus Enterprise Risk Assessment and other key areas of this growing company
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Auditor, you are not handed a pre-determined work plan. Rather, using a risk-based approach, you plan and execute projects and audit engagements that allow you to interact with a number of professionals throughout the company as you learn the inner workings of GEICO operations. This allows you the opportunity to take ownership of your work products.
- You have the opportunity to help facilitate positive change by examining business processes and recommending areas for improvement of corporate management.
- You will participate in designing and testing procedures to evaluate controls as required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX)
- Plus, your experience will not be limited to auditing operations. Our cross-functional approach enables collaboration between IT, Financial, and Operational audit teams.
- You will lead audit projects, review the work of less tenured staff, and assist with their training and development.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- CPA Required or Actively Pursuing
- 2 - 5 years of experience leading audits
- Strong leadership, analytical/critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts and solutions
- Familiarity with control frameworks such as COSO
- Desire and ability to advance to the next level
Salary commensurate with experience
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
As a Senior Auditor, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program * to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
Back to top