Senior Application Architect
Are you ready to make a difference?
GEICO'S IBU Claims is looking for a highly motivated Application Architect with Infrastructure knowledge to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing various DevOps projects in support of claims systems, as well as coordinating amongst various departments for specific application and infrastructure architecture tasks. The candidate will collaborate with development teams and peers to provide guidance on application design solutions as well as enforce the use of best practices and standards. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in recommending architectural solutions as well as obtaining buy-in and instituting processes resulting in successful application implementations.
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree
• Proven Automation skills (PowerShell v3 or later, Python)
• Independence to manage day to day activities with minimal supervision and be capable to escalate and drive issues to resolution when required
• Good understanding and use of IT Cloud concepts
• Experience using APM tools like Dynatrace, Splunk etc
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation
• Ability to tailor communication to audience
• 3+ Years Filling the Role of an Application Architect
• Deep understanding and ability to use SQL, XML, and UNIX
• Experience developing Web Services is required
• Experience Working in Cloud Environments such as Azure
• Expert Understanding of Software Design Patterns, Architectural Patterns, and Industry Best Practices
• Expert Understanding of OO, SOA and Messaging Design Patterns
• Experience with JSON Schemas, RAML and/or Swagger
• Solid understanding of Java Enterprise technologies
• Working knowledge of ESB
• Expert with Planning and IDE tools such as TFS, Eclipse, Visual Studio etc.
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Experience Working on Agile Teams
• Understanding of Sonar and Code Quality Metrics
• Demonstrated capability to drive results through effective collaboration
• Knowledge of data security and encryption models is desirable
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
• Production support and off-hour support will be required for this position
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top