Selection Systems Analyst
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO is one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers. Our company is a household name known for its clever marketing, low rates and outstanding customer service. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we've been consistently rated superior for financial strength.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Are you a talented, experienced I/O professional ready to join GEICO's team of Industrial and Organizational Psychologists? Based in the corporate office in the Washington, DC metro area, this group develops, validates, and implements employee selection tools to enhance GEICO's ability to hire the best qualified candidates.
As a Selection Systems Analyst, you will not only develop and validate selection tools, but you'll also ensure effective execution by training associates from across the country to effectively administer our hiring process.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Designing, developing, and implementing company-wide employee selection tools used during GEICO's hiring process for new sales, customer service, and claims associates. Selection tools include interviews, assessments (personality, bio-data, critical thinking, computer skills, etc.) and work samples
• Analyzing selection process results and reporting on those results to management, at both a corporate and regional level
• Serving as a subject matter expert in the area of selection, and providing professional support and guidance to internal customers regarding selection issues
• Training and coaching human resource managers and hiring teams within 12 regional call centers on employment law issues, effective interviewing techniques and use of selection tools
• May require 10-15% travel to our regional offices
The ideal applicant will have:
1-3 years of hands-on experience working to develop and validate selection instruments. This is a highly analytical position that requires a unique skill set of excellent data analysis, technical communication, and interpersonal skills.
Would you like to be part of our innovate team? If so, read on!
• Advanced degree in I/O psychology
• 1-3 years' experience working directly in an applied setting designing, implementing, and/or validating employee selection tools
• Background in or advanced coursework in employee selection, and knowledge of relevant employment law
• Proficiency with SPSS and/or SAS and Excel
Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is located in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
Compensation commensurate with Experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top