Privileged Access Management Product Owner
- Chevy Chase, MD
Identity and Access Management is looking to hire a Senior Engineer to serve as a Product Owner for its Privileged Access Management scrum. This position will play a key role in streamlining and implementing our Privileged Access Management efforts programmatically. This position is ideal for someone who has had engineering and architectural responsibilities with Privileged Access Management tools, as they will be joining a team of product owners and architects that work with all Identity-related services. The Identity organization within GEICO looks to provide easy-to-consume, flexible Identity services to meet the evolving needs of the business. We plan to move Identity forward at GEICO to better support and enable dynamic applications, a cloud first strategy and a diverse and distributed workforce. The applicant will have a desire to work in a dynamic environment, have an excellent work ethic, have great communication skills, and be a self-starter. You must be a team player with a positive attitude who is motivated to work towards common goals.
- In conjunction with the Scrum Master and Development team, you will be responsible for standing up and addressing Privileged Access Management programmatically. This will include the creation of standards, process workflows, and SLA for Privileged Accounts, Service Accounts, and other forms of Application Identities.
- You will be a subject matter expert in Privileged Access Management, working with other Architects/Product Owners on your team to ensure that PAM is considered in all Identity initiatives.
- You will be responsible for providing a passwordless-like experience for privileged access to underlying key infrastructure, ensuring that all activity is appropriately monitored and alerted.
- You will serve as a liaison between the product team and the application development area and advise on how applications identities are managed and their credentials handled.
- Accountable for the Product Backlog for the Scrum, working closely with analysts, engineers and stakeholders.
- Ensure that User Stories are well defined and acceptance criteria is well articulated and achievable.
- Ensure proper communication outwards towards the business, utilizing an ability to translate IT jargon to business-friendly language to notify end-users of upcoming features and to clarify requirements
Required Skills, minimum 5 years of experience:
- Experience working with Privileged Access Management Tools (e.g., Cyberark, BeyondTrust, ERPM, etc.)
- Experience in operational activities around Privileged Access Management
- An understanding of security implications regarding elevated rights to underlying infrastructure and applications.
- An understanding of applications and their use of service accounts, API Keys, or other mechanisms that serve as authentication mechanisms for those applications.
- Experience in working with teams (not necessarily development teams) consisting of architects, developers, and engineers
- Experience in using Azure DevOps or similar toolsets in supporting agile project management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, a Computer Science related area, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Understanding of Scrum framework with all of its ceremonies and roles
- Experience with Linux/Unix Systems is highly preferred #LI-
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top