Pricing Modeling Analyst
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO's Pricing, Product, & Reserving department is seeking Pricing Modeling analysts to join our team!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a part of the GEICO team, your job duties will include pulling and cleaning large data sets from internal and external sources; fitting, tuning and validating a wide array of statistical models; integrating predictive models into analytical tools for non-technical end users; and sharing insights from your analyses with all levels of management, including senior executives.
You will be part of a team that is focused on innovation: trying new modeling techniques, devising new metrics, and tackling complex questions that the company has never tried to answer before.
You'll have a chance to work on questions like:
• How much does weather and climate affect the rate of automobile accidents?
• How can we predict the average repair costs for a vehicle that is brand new to the market?
• Which policyholders are most likely to change the terms of their policy, and in which ways?
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with a minimum 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA; graduate degrees are encouraged
• Demonstrated ability in mathematical, statistical, financial or economic analyses on large, complex datasets
• Familiarity with multivariate classification and regression techniques; experience with at least one of GLMs, decision trees, or machine learning
• Experience within the insurance or related industry strongly preferred
• Programming experience, including SQL, and at least one of R, Python, SAS, or similar; demonstrated ability to learn new tools
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills
• Ability to focus on details and work under deadlines
This is your first step to becoming a GEICO leader through exposure to real-life business decisions that affect the company's success!
Must be willing and able to commute or relocate. This position is located in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
Please upload a resume, cover letter and all unofficial transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) when submitting your application for review.
Starting salary is in the mid $60's to high $70's range depending on skills and experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Joy B.Software Analyst—Indianapolis
As a senior software analyst, Joy works as a liaison between software users and software developers. She is also a SCRUM product owner who conveys the ideas and vision of the project to the team.
Back to top