PeopleSoft Applications Architect
The GEICO Corporate Systems Support Department has an exciting opportunity for an Applications Architect to join our team and make significant contributions to our applications and technical strategy. Our department owns the PeopleSoft applications for Financial Systems and Agent Licensing as well as our legacy PeopleSoft HR, and Time and Labor Systems. We are responsible for maintaining security for the recent Workday deployment, infrastructure for Actuarial Systems and other .NET systems.
- Propose and document system designs that meet or exceed current business requirements
- Review and guide applications designs to meet performance, scalability, and reusability requirements
- Work with business and IT management to explain benefits of design proposals
- Collaborate with application development teams and operations teams to create synergy leading to successful application delivery
- Contribute to technical process improvements across a variety of disciplines such as training, CM, Agile, and modern development practices
- Responsible for upgrading PeopleTools 8.53 systems to the latest release, PeopleTools 8.56
- Provide primary guidance and technical effort for migrating an on premise legacy PeopleSoft system to a hosted cloud environment
- Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level
- Must be able to draw on a broad knowledge of infrastructure, code, database, and security concepts to define potential business solutions
- Good understanding of financial, business, and technical constraints with ability to apply them to effective design solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with business executives, technical teams, and end-users
- Excellent team work and people skills
- 5+ years PeopleSoft Administrator experience
- In-depth knowledge of PeopleTools upgrades, setting up servers for the online and batch environments, web service configuration, SSL certificate maintenance, and performance troubleshooting
- 3+ years Oracle Enterprise database experience including SQL tuning and table backups/restores
- 3+ years Linux/Unix scripting
- Scripting using Powershell and DOS commands
- Workday Security experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top