Network Monitoring Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
GEICO is looking for a highly-motivated, team-oriented Network System Platform Engineer with network system engineer background to help administer and operate our network monitoring platforms. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical aptitude and be comfortable providing excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of a range of network tools, as well as knowledge of monitoring and event management and will serve as a self-starter who will assist in driving the transformation of the network monitoring Initiative. The position will also require advanced troubleshooting of Network Monitoring and event management solutions, ensuring 24/7 visibility of GEICO'S application and service portfolio.
- Learn network environment services along with the associated Infrastructure, and the specific metrics used to manage its health.
- Analyze network topologies, layouts and services, to collect and configure devices and services inside of product suite (CA Performance Center, CA Spectrum, NetScout, Thousand Eyes) with monitors/agents
- Work with Network Engineering Team to configure Network devices
- Design monitoring solutions for recurring and/or ongoing production incidents affecting our end users or supporting systems
- Implement reporting and dashboards based on network services monitored
- Manage integration's to network systems management tools
- Support acquisition of new software functions/capabilities
- Maintain network monitoring systems by implementing upgrades, migrations, and customizations
- Troubleshoot any performance issues with the platform and assist Network Engineers with troubleshooting network-related performance/availability issues
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 3+ years of experience in administering CA Spectrum , CA Performance Center including both development define logical applications, create business transactions, create custom monitors, build dashboards, build reports, operations managing platform performance, availability and resolving issues with the platform
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top