Network Engineer (Cloud)
Ready to make an impact? If so, ready on!
GEICO is looking for a highly motivated team player with excellent customer service to join the DevOps team and be part of the Decision Sciences and Business Transformation - Infrastructure and Platform Division.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Cloud Engineer with Network & Systems Administrator you will be working with internal IT support personnel and cloud vendors to maintain and support DSAT infrastructure. The ideal candidate must have knowledge in cloud solutions (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS), troubleshooting network connectivity and system performance issues, monitoring; and network and systems security.
As part of the team you will be responsible for Cloud support and server provisioning, IP subnet/VLAN management, Cloud infrastructure, firewall request management, implementing security best practices, and enforcing network and system security for onsite and cloud systems. Also, as part of the team, you will be part of the on-call rotation for production support. CCNA certification is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years' experience in a network administrator role and hands on experience in networking, routing and firewalls
- Experience with various virtualization technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Two years of experience working in Linux, Windows server environment
- Knowledge on VPN, IPSEC, GRE tunnel and routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Experience in scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Python, ) is a plus
- Experience in building required automation (using standard technologies such as Puppet, Chef) and tools is a plus
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Glassdoor - gdoorit
LinkedIn - #LI-POST
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Sean helps steer GEICO’s course in the field of new applications by serving as a programmer on the Mobile Team. He streamlines customer experience on Android devices.
Back to top