.NET Developer Team Lead
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
As the .NET Developer Team Lead, you will be part of our Application Systems Division. As a member of this team you will direct a team of talented developers, both staff and consultants, supporting the Client System, which is the critical hub of GEICO's systems. The .NET Developer Team Lead will demonstrate the ability to think strategically and be innovative while facilitating a collaborative team oriented environment. The candidate must exhibit strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills, be process oriented as well as have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. The .NET Developer Team Lead must have a proven record as a team player plus the ability to work independently, as well as have the ability to give general direction as required. The variety of work requires candidates be able to perform under pressure and multitask while demonstrating the appropriate sense of urgency. The position will require on-call production support.
Would you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
Candidate Qualifications for the .NET Developer Team Lead
- Experience leading a team of developers through the design, development, and implementation of high-quality code in a timely manner. Team leadership experience is required.
- A minimum of seven years of software development experience in large scale distributed environment.
- Must have five plus years of development experience with C#, .NET on large scale applications.
- Experience in leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of junior and senior developers
- Experience and knowledge of Windows Server environment, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Familiarity with SQL Server preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top