.Net Developer - Senior
Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for a Senior .NET Software Developer to start a GEICO career in Chevy Chase, MD. Our applications are undergoing rapid modernization efforts to develop new technologies, moving to new Cloud infrastructure, and rolling out DevOps processes. You'll apply your .NET software development skills on a team with top honors in web and mobile development and innovate for over 15 million policyholders .
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as a Senior .NET Software Developer can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
• With most of our programs and software being connected to the .NET platform, you have a tremendous opportunity to make an impact at GEICO
• You'll be exposed to senior management while working on high profile, challenging projects
"There are so many avenues of professional development at GEICO, including user groups, mentorship, technology classes, and development programs!" Jasmine J., GEICO Associate since 2015
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care .Teaming up with programmers, developers, scrum masters, leads, managers and directors, you will:
• Deliver first-class software that solves real business problems
• Perform advanced-level application analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation activities
• Provide input and feedback to others on topics of architecture design, code quality, and business solutions
We are looking for people with results they are proud of, such as:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a technical field
- Four plus years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
- Four plus years of experience with application design, implementation, maintenance, diagnosing/correcting issues, managing security vulnerabilities, and maintaining compliance with industry security standards under minimal direction.
- Four plus years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required
- Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
- Research and evaluate new software, frameworks, and techniques to provide recommendations to the division
- Mentor less experienced .NET developers while providing training and performing code reviews.
- Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
- Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
- Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top