.NET Application Architect
The ASD Architecture team is looking for a passionate, talented IT technologist to join the team as a .NET Application Architect with experience delivering systems in the Microsoft Azure cloud. The ideal candidate will already be established as the go-to developer for challenging assignments on his/her current team. A thirst for continuous learning, that includes intellectual curiosity beyond current assignments researching and tinkering with IT technologies, is a must for an individual to succeed in this position. Candidates also must demonstrate a strong background in mentoring Junior and Senior developers on coding best practices and implementation.
- Partner with development teams to ensure they succeed in their assignments without compromising code quality, maintainability, performance, and extensibility.
- Familiarity with all available design patterns and practices and how they are applied to deliver application design and architecture solutions.
- Collaborate with a team of architects to determine and develop frameworks and designs that are needed across multiple projects.
- Evaluate and on board new technologies to improve system performance, functionality, reliability, and resilience.
- Present technical talks to development staff.
- Expertise in conducting code reviews, while meeting or exceeding code quality objectives.
- SQL query performance tuning.
- Work across organizational boundaries. Ability to effectively communicate with business, analysts and IT partners, peers and senior management.
- Accurately scope implementation timelines for integrations.
- Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
- Provide technical mentorship to application delivery teams from a project's inception, while considering performance and scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- 5+ years experience building .NET (4.0 or higher) web based applications with C#, web services, WCF, Web APIs, and SQL Server.
- Experience with Team Foundation Services or equivalent source control platforms, including building and deploying web-based applications.
- Extensive experience with Visual Studio , C# , Web API, ASP.net, MVC, WCF, SQL Server.
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented Programming and use of design patterns.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top