Mobile Applications Architect
Are you ready to make an impact on millions of customers, nationwide? Are you looking to work with a team of creative, bright, and motivated team members? Do you desire to work in a dynamic environment using the most cutting edge technology? If so, apply now!!!
Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO is looking for an Mobile Application Architect to join the Mobile Architecture Team to help oversee and drive application design for the GEICO applications across platforms. The Mobile Applications Architect will work with iOS, Android, and server-side integration tier development teams and peers to implement solutions, provide guidance on overall architecture and design, and enforce the use of best practices and standards. The Mobile Applications Architect will have a proven track record in evaluating, recommending and delivering architectural solutions, resulting in successful application implementations.
Interested in joining our innovative team? If so, read on!
- A Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is required
- 5+ years of hands-on design and development (preferably with a mobile focus)
- An expert level in Object Oriented Design and SOA
- Experience in Java/J2EE is preferred
- Experience with iOS and/or Android platforms is highly preferred.
- Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top