Are you ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The Middleware Modernization team is looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer with high technical skills on scripting and programming solutions implemented via PowerShell, and .NET. Must be able to fulfill ad-hoc scripting responsibilities as well as development for ongoing projects. In addition applicant will manage and monitor Windows hosted applications (MSI, Multiline, DirectNet, IBU) and IT Infrastructure.
Candidate Required Qualifications:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree
- Proven scripting skills (PowerShell v3 or later, Visual Basic Scripting, and windows batch)
- Independence to manage day to day activities with minimal supervision and be capable to escalate and drive issues to resolution when required.
- Understanding and use of IT Cloud concepts
- PowerShell V3 or later
- At least 1 years of proven experience working on PowerShell programming or equivalent college credits w/other Object Oriented Programming Languages.
- Solid understanding of PowerShell remoting, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), and any other method to perform remote server administration via command line tools
- Experience working with PowerShell Web-Administration module and PS-Remote command.
Be self-organized, consistent, and structured on script development.
- Experience using code repository tools like Team Foundation Server (TFS) or GIT
- Troubleshoot and identify solutions for Performance/Connectivity issues, Application functionality disruptions, Network Load Balancing, on .Net, ASP, and CGI applications, being able to work together with developers and business stakeholders alike
- Maintain and promote Security, Availability, and Redundancy strategies
- Develop custom scripts to increase process and system efficiency with the objective of reducing human intervention on any repetitive tasks
- Provide level 2 support when required by the business
- As part of a weekly on-call rotation system (including Offshore support), provide 24 × 7 on call support for GEICO’s infrastructure systems as needed
- Work on projects that promote continuous Infrastructure, Platform, and Availability improvements
- Provide structured and consistent documents for internal processes with high quality and good technical writing skills
LinkedIn tag: #LI-POST
DICE tag (IT only): DBT
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top