The Middleware Modernization team is looking for a motivated Middleware Engineer with experience in Microsoft on-prem technologies. Primary focus is on build out, maintenance, and troubleshooting our platforms and IT infrastructure. You will become part of a diligent team of engineers that deliver mission critical infrastructure to host applications, provide support with well-known and out of the box solutions, and guarantee the highest level of availability and performance for GEICO Tier1/2 Windows hosted applications. This position requires high technical skills on scripting and programming solutions implemented via PowerShell, and .NET. Must be able to fulfill ad-hoc scripting responsibilities as well as development for ongoing projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree
- 5 or more years of experience in MS Windows environments as his/her primary responsibility
- Windows Command Line utility tools knowledge (native Windows OS commands, Robocopy, SysInternals suite, etc)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server platforms (Windows, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, BizTalk, and ASP*)
- Experience installing and configuring ASP.NET applications and ASP.NET application development (.Net Framework v2 or later)
- Experience with Virtualization and containerization (VMware vSphere and System Center Virtual Machine Manager)
- Proven scripting skills (PowerShell v3 or later, Visual Basic Scripting, and windows batch)
- Proven Networking knowledge (TCP/IP and OSI stacks) and familiarity with connectivity concepts implements on Windows Servers, Load balancers, Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and subnetting
- Possess Microsoft Certifications (MCSA and MCSE)
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We’re an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates’ quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click “Apply for Job” to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Gabriela interfaces with several regional offices to manage and maintain the entire network of GEICO systems. Her goal is to keep services available at all times.
Back to top