Are you looking to make a difference with GEICO? The DS&T (Data Science and Transformation) team is seeking a MicroStrategy developer who wants a challenging position to showcase their skills. The selected candidate will be part of a group of enterprise report developers working in GEICOs Big Data environment.
With over 10,000 reports, MicroStrategy is vital to GEICOs ability to understand business operations and make informed decisions to improve our results. We need you to help DSaT continue to provide enterprise-class reporting and to support report developers inside and outside of DSaT. The current MicroStrategy infrastructure and data are primarily on premises with the infrastructure scheduled to move to the cloud this year and the primary data source, EDW, scheduled to move to the cloud in 2019. This team may also develop new reports using Qlik, which is GEICOs enterprise tool for dashboard creation.
The MicroStrategy reporting team builds new automated reports, explores new data visualization techniques and supports current reports. They also ensure that the shift to Modernized applications does not impact Enterprise reports and they collaborate on the transition of MicroStrategy reporting to the cloud platform. Your work will focus on all aspects of GEICO?s business, particularly Policy-In-Force and other Policy reporting, Attrition, Retention, Statistical Reporting, URC Reporting, PUMA, Umbrella, and Enterprise Dashboards.
- Advanced experience (5+ years) with MicroStrategy architecture, reports and dashboard design
- Knowledgeable about database design
- Proven experience in demonstrating analytical perspectives, aggregation navigation, and report design with drill capabilities.
- Advanced SQL coding experience
- Experience with distribution services and web customizations desired
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hive SQL and HUE are desired
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques
Passion to innovate and provide high quality reporting for users
- Develop, test, implement and maintain automated reports for a variety of departments utilizing dozens of projects
- Gather relevant data and determine the most effective method for displaying the results including both speed and efficiency
- Create and execute test plans. Document assumptions, methodologies and validation techniques
- Handle on call responsibilities related to regular maintenance and patching
- Provide user access and answer user inquiries related to existing reports
- Participate in 24x7 on call support for key processes and data
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top