Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Examiner - Fredericksburg, VA
The Mechanical Breakdown Claims Department in Fredericksburg, VA is looking to hire individuals with knowledge of automotive systems, automotive mechanical repair, auto parts, or service writer experience. Pre Screening testing will be conducted. Candidates must pass the Mechanical Aptitude test to continue in the hiring process.
- Automotive repair experience required.
- All candidates must pass pre-testing to continue interview process.
- Ability to provide high-quality customer service
- Must be able to handle heavy call volume in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to speak in a professional manner by telephone
- Must be able to attain and maintain the required licenses issued by various states
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information
- Ability to negotiate effectively
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO's competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program * that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
To ensure our associates receive the training and support needed to excel and thrive, associates hired for this position are generally required to work at the GEICO building during their orientation period. GEICO follows federal and state guidance and legal requirements regarding measures designed to limit the spread of COVID-19, including masking and social distancing. Measures may vary by GEICO location.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.