Managing Attorney II - Macon, GA
Key Position Details
GEICO seeks an experienced insurance defense Attorney for its Macon Staff Counsel Office, which defends GEICO insureds in third party cases and GEICO in first party cases in the Macon area and surrounding counties. The office also handles subrogration cases for GEICO.
The Managing Attorney is responsible for:
- Litigation oversight, including new case evaluations and assignments, internal quality audits, trial
- Strategies and final review of all cases designated for trial.
- Handling their designated cases from inception to trial.
- Managing the office administration and operations, budget and planning, as well as staffing and Performance evaluations.
- Managing all activities relating to defense of lawsuits and against GEICO insureds in liability cases, and on behalf of GEICO UM/UIM, PIP, and Subrogration suits.
- Georgia Bar membership in good standing
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in personal injury litigation
- Experience handling motor vehicle, PIP and subrogation cases
- Extensive jury trial and verdict experience
- Insurance defense experience strongly desired
- Prior staff management experience preferred
- Strong communication and MS Office skills
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Back to top