Management Development Program - Auto Damage - Washington, DC • $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Management Development Program - Auto Damage - Washington, DC
Starting Salary: $63,800 / year
Sign-On Bonus: $2,000
We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we're looking for future business leaders for our Auto Damage Management Development Program to start a GEICO career in Washington, DC. This is certainly not a desk job! As the primary ambassador of GEICO's renowned customer service, our adjusters work in auto body repair shops (ARX), as well as visit customers' homes, salvage yards, and towing service facilities. Through this fast-track management training program, you will be prepared to quickly move into a management position at GEICO as you grow both professionally and personally.
At GEICO, it's not just a job, it's growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find being a part of the Auto Damage Management Development Program, can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
- Associates in our Auto Damage Management Development Program earn an annual starting salary of $63,800 / year
- We are offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus to those candidates who start their employment in 2019
- Become a top performing supervisor that will help lead GEICO's diverse, growing team of associates
- Interact with all levels of GEICO management and enjoy the support to take your career as far as you want
- Be challenged daily in all types of environments without being tied to a desk
"As a college graduate, I started in GEICO's Management Development Program in Claims. Through this fast-track program, I was able to learn liability claims while moving into my management rotations." Ashley M., GEICO Associate since 2012
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care. Mastering this program through supervisor courses, shadowing top-notch supervisors, and mentoring by managers, you will attend an extensive 8-week training program, including 3 weeks in Ashburn, VA and 5 weeks in Rockville, MD to learn the ins and outs of automobile damage and insurance claims adjusting. Equipped with the latest tools and technology in auto adjusting, you will:
- Participate in industry-leading training
- Inspect and assess vehicle damage ranging from minor fender-benders to extensive damage caused by major accidents, hurricanes, floods and other natural disasters
- Estimate the cost of vehicle repairs, negotiate equitable settlements and issue payments
- Work directly with other Adjusters and supervisors in a field environment while working with multiple external stakeholders such as body shops, rental partners, and parts providers.
- Participate in a comprehensive supervisor preparation curriculum, development seminars and forums
- Work on real life business projects
- Lead a small team to prepare you for upward mobility and professional growth
We are looking for people with results they are proud of, such as:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or a related field
- At least a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, on campus, and/or within the community with highly effective communication and presentation skills
- Solid computer, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to attend an extensive 8-week training program that includes three weeks in Ashburn, VA, and ability to work independently with flexible schedules
- Strong customer service skills with solid computer, multi-tasking skills, and mechanical aptitude
- Must possess a valid driver's license
As a full-time GEICO associate, you'll be offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program with a wide range of benefits. We said it's more than a job! Our benefits ensure a long-lasting career with us as your personal life and needs change. See for yourself here .
About your career:
Get to know a little more about Auto Damage careers here and the Management Development Program here to find out what makes working here pleasantly unexpected for our associates.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Back to top