Linux Infrastructure Engineer
Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
As a Linux System Engineer you will provide level-3 support to GEICO's Linux and virtual server infrastructure. You will obtain a solid background in systems administration, automation and technical writing.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?
- 3-5 years experience implementing & supporting enterprise-class Linux Servers and Virtualization Technologies
- Three to five years experience working with Linux OS builds, installation and configuration
- Three to five years experience working with industry standard blade/rack platforms
- Good understanding of Networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, sub netting, TCP/IP)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and within and across teams
- Industry Certification (Linux/VMware) is a plus
- Knowledge of Centrify, SUSE Manager and Puppet
- Knowledge of Windows Server Technologies
- Knowledge of SAN and Enterprise Storage Technologies
- Knowledge of Server hardware and technologies (Rack/Blade/UCS)
- Knowledge Active Directory and LDAP
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.
Meet Some of GEICO's Employees
Manager, Mobile Development
Lwin supports development and enhancements for enterprise applications on iOS and Android by leading a team of pros who help GEICO continue innovating.
Back to top